Bottom-line, we help companies grow & create value by understanding the fundamentals of strategy, markets and execution. We provide experience & a pragmatic approach, as serial entrepreneurs, that have built and sold companies over the past 25+ years. It’s critical to keep your business model & market focus /approach straight forward and measurable…… adaptability and momentum will help drive sustainable growth & ultimate value creation.
Chet Barnard, Managing Partner
Chet Barnard brings more than 25 years of experience to his clients in the software and technology market. Prior to forming The Accelerator Group in 2005, he was CEO of 5 early-to-mid stage companies (3 of which were sold to larger firms). In addition to leading companies, Chet has also been responsible for Sales, Marketing & Business Development functions within major firms like Andersen and EDS, where he productized & fully leveraged integration Offerings to Enterprise clients. He has a strategic mind that understands markets, value and readiness, as well as effective Go-to-Market approaches required for success. Chet’s entire career has focused on his passion – creating value through ‘Top-Line’ growth.
At The Accelerator Group, some of Chet’s recent projects have included:
- CEO for a VC-backed software company in the Hospitality/Restaurant market for 14 months; helped position the company to pursue strategic alternatives and the eventual sale of its assets. This legacy company had $60M+ invested over a ten year period and needed a major cleanup and repositioning. Significantly reduced operating expenses by over 50% & refocused the strategy on large Enterprise clients and a SaaS business model, resulting in 3X of reoccurring revenue for the company.
- Provided both strategic & tactical advice over an 18 month period to an emerging software company in the Life Sciences / Biotechnology industry. This has resulted in 25% top line growth, greater brand awareness, significant reduction in their sales cycle ( 6-8 months) and the development of strategic alliances with leading companies in their eco-system, including The Massachusetts Biotechnology Council (MassBio).
- Interim VP Sales for a seed stage Mobile Software Company that focused on the consumer-facing industries. Helped re-position the marketing story, value proposition and SaaS business/pricing model. Shifted the GTM strategy and sales execution around the leading companies in each segment, driving value and Lift around a compelling mobile customer engagement business model.
- Interim Executive Vice President of Sales, Marketing & Client Services during 2008 for a leading Managed Services firm in the Northeast, providing technology outsourcing to the mid-market. Repositioned the company’s strategy, product offerings & overall go-to-market approach for repeatability & scalability, resulting in 30% growth for 2008.
- Assessed the market and realigned the ‘Go-to-Market’ strategy, including the value proposition, for a mid-stage technology product company, resulting in significant top line growth
- Provided the Board & Executive Management team of an early-stage technology company with a review of their strategy and execution capabilities. Major recommendations are now being implemented to accelerate company performance
- Conducted our “Sales & Go-to-Market Assessment” Offering for numerous clients, resulting in ‘high impact/ROI’ and Action Plans to reposition Sales as a strategic weapon